The Utah Rocket Club is an organization dedicated to the promotion of safe and fun activities for people of all ages through the sport, science, and hobby of rocketry.
Some of our members emphasize scale modeling and fine detail in their projects while others care more for brute force and sheer power. Some rockets are very simple in their design and use basic single parachute recovery systems. Other rockets are extremely complex using clustered or staged motors, advanced electronics, multiple parachute events and even radio control and on-board video transmission. Whatever your particular interest in hobby rocketry, UROC can contribute.
By following strict safety codes, rocketry is one of the safest of recreational activities, rocketry is an activity enjoyed by families and enthusiasts of all ages.
The Utah Rocket Club is an organization of people dedicated to the promotion of model, sport and amateur rocketry. The Utah Rocket Club, or UROC , was originally an informal union of members of Tripoli Utah and NAR Section 523. Members of UROC come from a variety of backgrounds and share one common interest - launching rockets!
Under the umbrella of our two national sanctioning organizations the National Association of Rocketry and the Tripoli Rocketry Association UROC members launch rockets ranging from the smallest scale models to custom designed high power rockets taller than a person and capable of reaching altitudes of tens of thousands of feet. UROC members enjoy benefits such as international contest eligibility, accident insurance, access to a huge array of technical resources and much more.
UROC holds monthly meetings, construction workshops, field trips and (most important) rocket launches. Our launches conform to the standards set forth in the Tripoli, NAR Model and High Power Safety Codes.
The Utah Rocket Club also supports youth activities through education. UROC will present demonstration launches and/or static displays for youth groups, nonprofit organizations, holidays, special events, etc.
Membership is open to anyone ages 10 and up. Membership in NAR and/or Tripoli is encouraged but not required. NAR membership is required for participation in sanctioned contests.
Annual UROC membership dues are $20.00 for an individual and $30.00 for a family membership. Membership is due on an annual basis.
Some benefits of Becoming Part of the UROC Team
- The use of our large, safe launch site free from obstructions and with proper waivers in place from the FAA and BLM and other authorities.
- Use of the club's range equipment.
- Workshops throughout the year on various rocketry subjects.
- Helping to promote the hobby we all love, in a safe and organized manner, generating positive exposure.
- Satisfaction of working with the community and youth organizations, introducing model rocketry to kids, who may not have any other opportunity to build and fly rockets.
- As a NAR member, you are eligible to participate in sanctioned competitions, and possible record-setting events.
- As a Tripoli member, you are eligible for Tripoli sanctioned events including experimental launches and possible record-setting events.
- Daily launch fee waived at our sport launches.
- Reduced pricing for our premium launches such as HellFire.
- Sharing your experiences with others that have the same interests as you.
There are several ways to join UROC
Online by Credit Card or Check - You can sign up for UROC membership online by using your Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover Card. or check. Its easy, secure, and only takes a few minutes.
Join UROC or Renew Online
By Cash or Check - If you would like to join using a check or cash fill out the Membership application* and send it in along with your membership dues to:
Utah Rocket Club
PO Box 26584
Salt Lake City, UT 84126
You can also bring the application and fees to any UROC meeting or launch.