The discussions on UROC.org

More
27 Apr 2017 14:55 #7069 by DavidDaniel
DavidDaniel replied the topic: The discussions on UROC.org
I reverse my previous position, making them all publicly readable is probably a good idea. I suspect many only read and never register to post so they never see the private forums.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2017 12:57 #7068 by DavidDaniel
Hmmm.... with views in the teens for member only sections and hundreds for public sections makes me wonder if most members haven't created an account and login regularly. Do you have stats on that kind of thing?

More
21 Apr 2017 09:57 #7065 by DavidDaniel
I don't think making them all public would help much, this is just a really quiet group. I was a member of the Wasatch Marine Aquarium society and their forums are very busy. One thing that drives much of their traffic is the Classifieds/For Sale forum as they are always selling and trading gear and livestock.

I'd like to see a Classifieds/For Sale/Trade section that is members only. I can only assume there are many people that leave the hobby and want to sell things, or people who get upgrades and sell older gear. It would also be nice to setup group buys with vendors or get sponsored vendors to offer our club discounts there as well.

More
03 Apr 2017 21:53 #7063 by nealbaker
nealbaker replied the topic: The discussions on UROC.org
Kirdy, thanks for the input! I've added the Time/Date stamp to the upper right of each message. See if that helps. Thanks again for the suggestion, let me know if you think of anything else.

More
03 Apr 2017 09:37 #7062 by Kirdy
Kirdy replied the topic: The discussions on UROC.org
I think (for what that is worth) the format is laid out pretty well. There may be an item or two that could be moved to the open area....but I believe you still need a member only section. (for club planning, dirty laundry, etc)

One thing that would be helpful is a date/time stamp on posted messages. Maybe it is already there and I haven't figured out how to turn it on...wouldn't be the first time.

More
31 Mar 2017 12:20 #7060 by nealbaker
nealbaker created the topic: The discussions on UROC.org
So, the forums are quiet, they have been for quite some time... Questions for people reading this...

Would it help if all of the forums were open to the public to read? (only members can reply or post)
Would it help if all of the forums were only available to members to view (public would have no access).

Thoughts, suggestions, other ideas?

Search our Site

Member Meeting

May
Monday
Zipper - A condition in which a slot is cut in an airframe by a shock cord. This condition is caused by early or late recovery system deployment, in which the recovery system deploys while the...
07:00 PM

May Launch

May
Saturday
This launch will be held as a two-day event. We have permission from the BLM for overnight camping at the launch site. We invite members to camp out Saturday evening and take advantage of the great...
08:00 AM

Contact Details

Call Us
+1(801) 893-1074
Mailing Address
PO Box 26584, Salt Lake City, UT 84126
Questions?
info@uroc.org

About UROC

The Utah Rocket Club is an Not for Profit organization dedicated to the promotion of safe and fun activities for people of all ages through the sport, science, and hobby of rocketry. The Utah Rocket Club supports the community through educational presentations, demonstration launches and displays for youth groups, nonprofit organizations, etc.

Learn More