Helping UROC stay successful is easy and fun. The thing to remember with a club like UROC is that you will get out of it what you put in to it. It takes a lot of time and a serious commitment to provide members with the excellent resources that UROC provides.
As part of the UROC team, you are part of what makes it all happen, if we all help out just a little. We all have a better, more enjoyable club experience.
Here are some things that you can do as an individual that will help the club stay healthy and happy for years to come.
- Renew your membership yearly - This ensures that the club has funding for launch sites, special events, contests, and operating costs.
- Come out to launches - Show your support by coming out for a good day of launching or just some quality spectating.
- Volunteer to help with the range - Don't think you're qualified? We will be happy to train you for all positions. These jobs can be worked in small increments of 1 and 2 hours so as not to cut into your flying time. By helping out with these important jobs you let somebody else enjoy their day of launching too.
- Volunteer to help setting up and breaking down the equipment - An extra set of hands are always welcome. There is nothing to sign up for, just show up early or stay late to help.
- Volunteer to come out and help with special launches. - When scout troops, schools, or other organizations are having special launches we always need help teaching and keeping things moving.
- Keep UROC flyers handy - Pass out flyers to friends or other people who might be curious about what model rocketry is all about. If you find that your favorite hobby shop is out of UROC flyers, refill the display or let us know so that we can.
- Let the public know - You know all those people you see buying rockets at your favorite hobby shop that you don't recognize from UROC launches? Politely let them know that there is a safe and legal place at UROC for them to launch at where they can share their interests and learn more about the hobby.
- Keep in touch! - If you have suggestions as to how to make the club better, let us know. Participate in the forums on UROC.org, answer questions share your knowledge!
- Tell your friends! - Almost everything you need to know is here at www.uroc.org . All you have to do is let folks know what they are missing. Share the excitement of model and sport rocketry by inspiring someone else.
The success of UROC is greatly dependant on help from its members. If you have a special talent that you can utilize to help the club, let us know!