In addition to being a regularly scheduled sport launch, this is also the month for the Pioneer '07 meet which is an NAR Sanctioned Competition.
The contests include:
- A Parachute Duration
- B Streamer Duration
- B Helicopter Duration
- B Boost Glider Duration
- Future/Fiction Scale
- Open Spot Landing
Some important notes:
- Contest flying will be from 9:00 to 5:00 each day.
- The Contest range will be to the right of the Sport Range.
- Contest fee will be five dollars.
- You must have a NAR membership to compete. (If you?d like, we can get you signed up on the field!)
- Altitude tracking will be on Saturday only (weather permitting)
Pioneer '07 will be hosting a special event this year, "D" Engine Rocket Glider. This event will not count towards NAR points, but prizes will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, donated by Rocket Dog Hobby. Unlike Boost-Glider, the Rocket Glider cannot separate from the motor, it must come back gliding as one piece.
In order to compete in any of the the above contests, you must be a current member of the NAR (You can sign up on site). Egg-Loft Altitude will be flown within a time-window on Saturday. Turn-in for Scale will be by 5pm on Saturday.
Please plan on helping with range duty this weekend. There maybe times that the launch may close down until such a time that all positions are filled.
A porta-potty has been ordered and should be on site for the duration of the launch.
Weather is a bit of a concern, according to NOAA...
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 89. South southwest wind between 6 and 14 mph.
- Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 45. Southwest wind between 5 and 14 mph.
- Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 88. Light wind becoming west between 14 and 17 mph.
Wind is always a concern this time of the year at the PETR. You will have a better chance of flying and seeing some flying if you are there early in the morning. The winds usually kick up as the day goes on and the Earth is heated by the sun.
As always, check this website just prior to heading out. Any cancellations or notices will be posted here as soon as possible. See you on the range!