We had perfect weather. Randall and I got to the school early and set up. We had 16 rockets to fly and 3 deployed perfectly.
Randall gave a brief safety meeting and throughout the launch we would re-brief student of proper basic field safety. All rockets used B6-4 motors except for one rocket which due to its weight we used a C6-0 motor. Most rockets flew well however during 50 percent of the deployments the parachutes failed. We had two totally successful rockets deploy perfectly.
Dr. Dasch also flew his own rocket.
We really enjoyed talking the the elementary aged children and answering their questions. It was really fun to see student teams be able to re-fly a fixed or re-glued rocket.
Thanks to Randall for his support and help during this launch