help_outline Skip to main content
Add Me To Your Mailing List

News / Articles

Oct 23, 2021 Launch Is A Go!!!!!!

Paul Joyce | Published on 10/20/2021
Hello Everyone!!!!
The UROC Sport Launch scheduled for Oct 23rd, 2021 is a GO!
1) The weather forecast is for a cloudy day with afternoon rain.  We do NOT know the altitude that the clouds will be at.  You can NOT fly into the clouds.  Please plan on a motor selection to keep under the cloud ceiling.  With some luck, they will be above 15K MSL.  From a rain perspective, we'll fly till we can't.  Get there early and get your stuff up.
2) DAS Rockets, our UROC all things Rocketry and Motor vendor, WILL be at this launch.  If you need motors or other supplies, please connect with Tim ASAP. (correction, DAS will be there!)
As usual, we can always use help setting up and tearing down the range.  We'll be there about 8am with the trailer to start setting up.  Come early if you can to help.
There will be a porta potty at this launch.  The waiver for this event is 10,000' AGL (or whatever the cloud ceiling is if lower than that).
Look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!!!