Come join us for UROC's annual Summer Picnic! This event is for UROC members and their families. We will be providing hamburgers and drinks for you and your family.
There is no charge to attend but we ask that you bring a side or dessert to share! We will be playing a few games (2nd Annual Bingo Game) and more.
Water Rocket Challenge
This year we are including UROC's first annual Summer Rocket competition. This is a competition for the best water propelled rocket flown at the picnic. If you have not built a water rocket before, take a peek at some techniques here. There will be prizes!
Build a Water Bottle Rocket
- 1 Liter Soda bottle
- Should consider fins, nose cone, parachute, etc.
- Decorate with paint, decals, stickers, etc.
- Cardboard, string, cardboard, balsa, plastic film, okay to use
- No metal, glass or sharp edges
- Each entry will be allowed 2 flights.
- Rocket will be filled with H2O, pressurized to 60psi and launched.
- Each flight will be timed, longest duration aloft of the two flights will be recorded.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will will be awarded based on maximum duration aloft.
- Ties will be reconciled by grudge match.
Cool design award
- Totally subjective by UROC Officers and appointed judges
We really hope to see you there!